Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

White Cross - What's Going On ? 1983 Generic / Zero Degree Records

















I was sitting here thinking about what a hot bed Richmond VA is for the current throwback hardcore punk scene when it occurred to me that I should give everyone a taste of what was really going on back in the day in Richmond VA.

In my opinion White Cross sounds like a perfect mix of Mid West hardcore and NYHC, imagine if you took Antidote and threw them in a blender with some Negative Approach. I know you serious punkers are probably familiar with this one already but in my opinion White Cross is probably not as well known in general as maybe they should be so if you have never heard them before I would recommend you download this sucker asap.

5 comments:

CHRIS said...

Pre-GWAR i do believe?

peskypesky said...

thanks for the punk, bro!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, thanks for this. Great band, great record. One minor correction, this is actually on Zero Degree Records.

Dave G said...

My Copy says both Generic and Zero Degree Records, but you're right it is Zero Degree on the Lp Spine.

Brandon W said...

Zero Degree was the label. Generic may be the name of a pressing plant, or another label that had the records pressed for Zero Degree. The Prevaricators' first 7 inch has the same thing - Zero Degree Records / Manufactured by Generic Records.