Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Bastro - Shoot Me A Deer / Goiter Blazes - Homestead Records 1989














My friend Brian has been asking me to post a Bastro single for some time now. I know this isn't the record you are looking for B, but it's the only Bastro single I have.

Bastro sounds very similar to Big Black in my opinion. Here is some details about this band of indie rock stars that I lifted from Wikipedia lol.

"Bastro were one of two bands formed by Squirrel Bait guitarist David Grubbs after the former band folded in 1987, together with Squirrel Bait's bassist Clark Johnson and a drum machine. Later, noted drummer John McEntire (Tortoise, The Sea And Cake) replaced the drum machine. Johnson was later replaced by Bundy K. Brown. Bastro released one EP and two albums before Grubbs, McEntire and Brown retired the Bastro name in 1993 and continued as Gastr del Sol."

1 comment:

Mike Desert said...

Thanks! I haven't heard this one in ages!