Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Night Birds - The Other Side of Darkness - review - cd and Lp release date 09/13/2011





















Night Birds - Facebook

To my ears the Night Birds have always sounded like a modern day hybrid of Agent Orange and the Adolescents, and on their first full length album "The Other Side of Darkness" they have done nothing to change my opinion. In fact, they have maintained the surf punk twang of Agent Orange and upped the speed, catchiness and snottiness that always brought the Adolescents to mind, however they have modernized everything and thrown in so many hooks that it will make your head spin...in a good way.

I must say that we have another candidate for the top 10 list of 2011 right here, and maybe even the top spot at that. I'm finding that I can't get enough of this record, and that it just keeps getting better and better with every listen...Highly Recommended...Dave G.

Night Birds - The Other Side of Darkness - release date 09/13/2011 on compact disc and vinyl, to be followed by a European Tour September/October 2011. Tour dates can be found HERE.

Night Birds to perform live on the "Crust Never Sleeps" Radio Show September 13, 2011 @10pm. You can tune in to www.newtownradio.com for an online broadcast of the show.

Grave Mistake Records - Purchase cd, vinyl, T-shirts and special preorder packages.


2 comments:

zach said...

night birds are definitely one of the best bands around these days. i can't wait for their releases to come out. this is really great. i really like that third track the best. thanks Dave, this gave me some great tunes to listen to on my bus ride back from the Blue Jays game.

Dave G said...

You're welcome Zach. I know you are going to buy a copy when it comes out as well. I bought one for myself also.