Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Neurosis - Honor Found In Decay - Neurot 2012

This is either a tough record to review or a very easy record to review. I am going to take the easy route and say that Honor Found In Decay sounds exactly like what we have come to expect from Neurosis over their past 3 albums or so...atmospheric, plodding, somewhat heavy music with gruff vocals, and a nice heaping of emotion. Now I am not trying to be a wise-ass  or anything, it's just that Neurosis have found there formula and they do not stray from it in the slightest.    

Overall, I think that while there is nothing new here it is comforting none the less to have new Neurosis music playing from my speakers, and Honor Found In Decay is certainly worthy of repeated listens....I wish these guys would play NY again, and soon...Dave G.

This review appeared originally on the UBRS blog.

No comments: