Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wards - The World Ain't Pretty And Neither Are We - self released 1983














I absolutely love this record but I have never posted it for some reason, maybe because I know it's already on a few other blogs, but isn't everything ? The Wards hail from the punk rock hotbed of Burlington Vermont (lol) and are actually still active to this day playing locally in and around VT.

As far as this record goes I think it's a perfect combination of simplicity, catchiness and pure snot nosed punk rock.

On a side note, I emailed the Wards a few years ago to see if they had a copy of one of their original demos, they emailed me back and asked for my address and said they would send me something special...of course they never sent me anything lol... Oh well, I still love you Wards...Dave G.

Here

No comments: