Pages

Monday, May 02, 2011

Blessed Offal - 2011 cassette ep














Blessed Offal

Blessed Offal are a Death/Doom Metal outfit from Boston who have been together since 2005, but have only released a rehearsal tape and this 2011 ep that I am reviewing today.

Musically I'd compare Blessed Offal to Gorguts, Death or old Incantation. This cassette ep is perfectly executed, powerful, cold and just fucking sick in all honesty. If you like any of the bands I mentioned above then get off your ass and get one of these's ep's before it is too late (limited to 100 copies).

I also found this review of the ep on the net which I will present to you to hopefully fill in the blanks left by my lack of knowledge regarding the Death/Doom scene.

"Death/doom/grind ala Repulsion, Autopsy, old Incantation, Disciples Of Mockery, Rottrevore, Funebre, Dead Congregation and Necros Christos. Great production with a thick bass sound and over all cold/empty atmosphere."

Blessed Offal - Bottomless Grave

BLESSED OFFAL SIGNED TO BLACK MASS RECORDS. New CD and LP coming soon !

1 comment:

screambloodygore said...

this is great! thanks for posting!