Pages

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Chain - demo tape #2 1985
















I'm thinking this must be a pretty obscure old metal tape. I mail ordered this tape directly from the band back in the metal heyday of 1985, and while this band sounds nothing like the speed or thrash metal bands that I loved at the time I found myself totally under the spell of this tape. Chain hailed from Mt Clemens Michigan and played a brand of metal that sounds like a cross between ZZ Top and Kiss, but with a more 80's metal edge. I swear I can't think if any other way to describe these dudes. Anyway, maybe this tape is a lost classic or maybe I am on my own with this one, but either way download this tape, give it a listen and let me know what you think...Dave G.

P.S. The letter that accompanied this tape says the band released a demo in 1984 and a 3rd demo in either 85 or 86. This might be a long shot, but if anyone has either demo get in touch because I'd like to hear them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanx for this one! Here are more of their songs:
http://www.motorcityrock.com/bands/chain/chain_audio.html

But it's quite lame stuff sadly...

Dave G said...

yeah, those songs are lame, but I still like this demo tape...

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read the blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.