Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Belching Penguin - Draft Beer Not Me Lp - No Clubs Records 1986














Florida's Belching Penguin play a style of mid 80's hardcore that is reminiscent of Suicidal Tendencies or Excel without actually sounding too much like either one of these bands. I have also seen them described as sounding like DRI which also makes perfect sense in all honesty.
Anyway, if you like any of these aforementioned bands then this record should be right up your alley, and in all honesty it's a pretty great record in it's own right.

Here

Belching Penguin 1985 - 1988 demos Here

6 comments:

ARMEDnHAMMERED said...

Good post.. Being from Tampa, got to see these guys at least a dozen times thruout the 80's. Ironically enough, I am in the process of final mixing the entire '85 demo from my original cassette. Longer and better than the 7" that came out a few years back, and WAY better than this LP. Also digitizing the Pagan Faith demo. Light years better than the 7"er. Will be posting them on Punk Torrents in a few days upon completion. Definately want them both to make the rounds, as they're too good to be siiting in a box unheard... Thx again

Dave G said...

I'd love to here the complete BP demo and the Pagan Faith demo.If you'd like I can even post them here and give you credit of course.

Anonymous said...

Sure thing. I'll send you a dl link in a couple days when I get these things sounding right. Love your site and feel free to post them however and whenever.

Dave G said...

Awesome, can't wait to hear them...Thanks !!!

SRQ Artisan said...

So, was there ever a link listed to the Pagan Faith and Belching Penguin demo's?

Dave G said...

No demo's...I don't have either and the BP link to this post is not hosted by myself...I just found the link on mediafire.