Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

The Expelled - Government Policy / Make It Alone - Riot City Records 1982














The Expelled from Leeds UK released this their second 7" in 1982 on Riot City Records. I picked this up over this past weekend on a whim having never heard The Expelled before, and I have to say this was a pleasant surprise when it hit my turntable. What you get is straight forward female fronted British punk with good male chanted backing vocals etc. I think this is a winner for a record I bought based on appearances alone...Dave G.

Government Policy

5 comments:

Brian said...

Great record. There's something about the vocalist..while she's just a fairly normal punk shouter, there's something about her voice that's really distinctive and memorable in my opinion. Unfortunately their other records aren't as good. There's also later stuff with other vocalists who aren't anywhere near as good.

Dave G said...

I really like her vocals too Brian. In general I am a sucker for female punk rock vocals....glad I took a chance on this record.

zach said...

this is awesome! so good! thank you! i'm a total sucker for female vocals too. but the riffs are great too. the galloping drums in the second song are sick. catchy record. all great. i'm glad you took a chance on this record too.

and just my luck:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Expelled-Government-Policy-Oi-Punk-Riot-City-/280607638364?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item415584c35c#ht_500wt_1156

Dave G said...

Good luck getting it Zach. I think I paid $5 for it also.

zach said...

nice thanks. i'll let you know if i do win.